Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring cleaning blues ~

Feeling like making the most of my last day of a four day weekend, I decided to wash all the windows in my house and the curtains today.   I had taken down all the curtains in my dining room, which has a large picture window and two smaller windows next to it and had just finished cleaning the windows  when I noticed a male bluebird sitting about  50ft away on my butterfly bush.  I grabbed my camera and began shooting.  I knew that if I had tried to sneak out the front door to get a better shot, he would fly away.  Luckily, even through the window, I was able to get a few good ones!



This photo was taken a little too far away for my lens but I'm happy that this little guy is checking out the housing in my yard!  Hopefully he will start a little family and take up residence!

He also found some refreshments at the bird bath.  I just purchase the solar "water wiggler" in this bird bath and have seen a lot more birds stopping by to have a drink!  I picked up mealworms for them today as well!


Hope you are seeing some of these beautiful birds in your backyards too!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment