Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bluebirds ~

I was wandering around my yard the other night, heard some commotion, and had to check it out.  What I found was two bluebird couples playing in the yard.  I ran and grabbed my camera and watched in amazement for over an hour.  The two males had a big smack down as one of the females tried her best to break up the fight.  She kept looking at me, as to say, "Are you just going to stand there taking pictures or are you going to do something?"  When I finally decided that the underdog had enough, I took one step forward and the aggressor took off.  Both couples eventually went off on their own and all was well again in the world!  I even found a nest started in one of my bluebird boxes today!  Hopefully, I will have a second in my other box soon!  Enjoy the photos,  I wish they were a little clearer, but I had to keep my distance when shooting them.






And the fight begins ~


Enter the female~

I love when the males' wings are open ~ he looks like an angel, but he's not acting like one!



Now she is trying to step in ~

I think she wants my help ~
Now she is yelling at them to stop and behave ~

She can't believe that I'm not doing anything to stop the fight ~



Finally the fight ended and this little guy couldn't be more relieved.


Now the couples have gone off one their own ~
one couple retreats to the trampoline ~ the other to the garden~
along with a bodyguard~ :)

 
Finally ~ off for an evening snack~


No birds were harmed in the photographing of this fight-night event.
Thanks for tuning in!



No comments:

Post a Comment