Monday, April 16, 2012

The blue jays have returned ~

I was relaxing out on my patio this evening after a long day working in the yard, when I heard some loud screeching noises.  Three blue jays came flying into my backyard to have a treat.  One of them waited patiently for the Red-belling woodpecker to finish his meal at the suet feeder.  They chased eachother around for a while, then one flew over to my little fountain to have a drink.  It was only about 5 feet away from me and didn't seem to be bothered that I was so close.  It flew away and later came back for a second sip!  I used to not care much for these large, noise, aggressive birds, but you can't deny that they are beautiful birds.  The patterns on their wings and their facial markings are quite striking!  Hope you enjoy the photos!




This little Tufted Titmouse flew in for a treat as well ~







Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment