Friday, March 6, 2015

WINTER BIRDS IN MY YARD

The birds have been busy emptying my feeders this winter and with all this snow, it's been tricky keeping them filled.  I have been slacking on putting out the suet cakes, so I haven't seen many woodpeckers lately.  Guess I'd better get on that.  I'm always curious why the the birds come out in droves when it is snowing or blustery outside.  This past storm I set out a tray of seed on my deck and within minutes, there were plenty of birds filling their little bellies.  Most of the photos I've taken recently have been shot through my kitchen windows.  I'll be glad when it warms up enough to sit outside and take them.  I've also heard of a pair of bald eagles that have been spotted several times in a field nearby, that I can't wait to try to get photos of.    Here are a few of the bird that have visited my feeders recently.  Nothing unusual but they are still beautiful birds!

Female Northern Cardinal


Male Northern Cardinal


Dark Junco


Goldfinch


Tufted Titmouse


Tufted Titmouse


Male Norther Cardinal


Female Northern Cardinal


Female Northern Cardinal


Blue Jay



DON'T FORGET TO FEED OUR FEATHERED FRIENDS!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment