Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Scarlet Tanager

One evening, as I opened my mudroom door to toss something into the recycling bin in my garage, I saw something fly past me.  At first I thought it was a goldfinch that had gotten trapped.  I of course, grabbed my camera. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it wasn't a goldfinch after all.  So I got out my bird guide and searched until I found out what it was.  It was a Scarlet Tanager!  I immediately closed my garage door and ran to call my neighbor who loves birds as well.  She came right over and we just watched and took photos, while my 19 year old son, thought we were nuts!  Here are a few shots ~



 
After the photo shoot, we opened the garage door and waited, and waited, and waited...
finally we decided that it would leave when it was ready.
It found a comfy spot to rest on an old antique bicycle that was hanging from the ceiling.
By morning, it was gone and I haven't seen it since.
It was quite a treat to see though ~ another check in my bird book!!!
Thanks for visiting ~ and keep your eyes open ~ and maybe your garage doors too!

No comments:

Post a Comment