Friday, July 12, 2013

Monarch season has begun!

I was out walking this evening in search of more Spicebush swallowtail caterpillars (found one!) and thought I'd check out a few milkweed plants along my road. I must have searched 20 plants and finally found one egg!  I got home and in the rain, decide to check out a few if my plants. I found 5 eggs before it started raining harder and getting darker. I can't wait until the morning to search for more!!!  I really hope to photograph a monarch laying the eggs so that I have photos of the complete cycle!  Here is the photo of my first egg!
The photo was taken with a microscope attachment for my iPhone. I bought it on Amazon for $5.00. 
Hope to be able to take an image of the egg hatching!  Take care all and get out there and plant some milkweed!

No comments:

Post a Comment