Saturday, June 22, 2013

House wrens

I have always had a special place in my heart for wrens. The connection comes from a poem my Grandmother wrote for me when I was a teen, entitled "Jennie Wren"!  She always did spell my nickname wrong, but that's okay. This year, I have been fortunate to have 2 nests of wrens right on my front porch. This first nest was made in a decorative little birdhouse I picked up at HomeGoods. 
The second nest was made in a hanging basket filled with fuchsias.  

The first nest isn't accessible to take images of, but luckily I should be able to get some nice shots from the second one!  Stay tuned for more images of their progress!
Thanks for stopping by and have a spectacular weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn't want to build a nest in that bird house? Looking forward to seeing the baby wrens.

    ReplyDelete