Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bald Eagle sighting!


RAW shots 009.psd
Originally uploaded by jendlit
I was on my way to pick my son up from school on Friday when a huge bird flew down to snack on the dead racoon in the middle of the road. I couldn't believe my eyes as I got closer and realized it was a bald eagle. Luckily, my camera was on the seat next to me, so I grabbed it and just started shooting. I was very relieved that the manual settings I had my camera set to, were perfect and that it was in focus ~ it happened so fast. This was the first eagle I've ever seen out of captivity ~ my heart was pounding! I hoped to get a second chance on my way back home, but there was too much traffic on the road for him to return. Talk about perfect timing!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jeni. Keeping the camera close at hand is the key, and you did great. Isn't it so much better to have a photo along with your report of sighting an eagle? Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete