Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nice surprizes!

Common Buckey and Pearl Crescent

Two Question Mark Angelwings
I put out some rotting fruit to try to attract some new butterflies.
It didn't take long ~ !

Gray Hairstreak

Pearl Crescents

Question Mark Angelwing

Question Mark Angelwing
If you look closely at the hind wing, you can see a small, white, upside-down ? mark.
These are usually found around wood piles~

Question Mark Angelwing


Comma Angelwing
(Hop Merchant Polygonia comma)
 This photo was taken by my son.  He told me that the Question Mark Angelwing was back so I told him to go ahead and take a photo, without really checking it out.  I was busy planting some milkweed for my new Monarch habitat.  I didn't realize until I loaded onto my labtop that it isn't a Question Mark, it's a Comma. If you look closely at the hind wing, you will see a comma w/o the dot.  The markings on the wing are also different.  I hope it comes back tomorrow so that I can get a photo w/ it's wings open~

No comments:

Post a Comment